A. Search services
The Search Applications provide features to facilitate Internet search and communication services using the Aerojet Products including through the Aerojet and MyWebSearch portals and email. This search functionality may be implemented through browser settings and "extensions" that set or default your browser homepage, start page, new tab page and/or default search setting(s), depending on which Aerojet Product you are using and what options you select. We may provide you a way to decline or opt-out of the setting(s) change by unchecking the appropriate checkbox during the download and installation process for the relevant Aerojet Product that provides access to the Search Applications. Certain Aerojet Products, such as Chrome new tab products, may be available through the online store operated by the browser developer (e.g., the Chrome web store) and the user disclosures and options may vary based on the store’s requirements. The search features, as well as other non-search-related features, may be customized by you. In addition, you may be able to disable or remove the default search features by removing or disabling the applicable files you downloaded from the Aerojet Products, or changing your default search within your browser, depending on your browser, browser version, and tools and features provided in your respective browser. Click here to go to our support page.
B. Information we collect
We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. Your information may be kept in an identifiable format, or in an aggregate format which means that you cannot reasonably be identified from it.
C. How we collect information
We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on the Aerojet:
- Automatically Captured Information. We automatically collect information from your computer and/or device when you use the Aerojet. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language and other browser-related information, a time-stamp, the keyword query, search query text, search results clicked, pages viewed, search history, the content of any of our undeleted cookies, including a unique identifier (see section D on "Cookies" below), software installed upon and/or devices connected to your computer and/or device, and the referring website address.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, cookies and other similar technologies, to track your use of the Aerojet (see our cookies policy). Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of sites. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer as part of the Aerojet for our users.
Information Collected By Third-Parties And Behavioral Advertising.
On The Aerojet: We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, IAC affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons on or via Aerojet. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. (To learn more about cookies generally, please go to our Cookies policy. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and evaluate its effectiveness. We may also use information collected by these third-parties to better understand our own users, their interests, how they use our products, improve and customize our products, and to deliver ads targeted to you (either on our Aerojet or on other websites whether or not owned and operated by us). Please note, some of these third-party advertising companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, or the Digital Advertising Alliance, each of which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
On Third Party Sites, Services And Applications. Aerojet and its affiliates work with various companies, such as advertisers, ad networks and data management platforms, that may help us and other companies to tailor online ads, including through behavioral advertising designed to target users’ interests and deliver more relevant advertising. To provide such ads, these third parties may collect and/or we may disclose to these third parties a unique ID that may be associated with your device’s platform or a device/internet browser combination, or they may tell us based on their own data, if that unique ID is associated with a particular segment (such as a reality show watcher falling within a certain demographic (e.g. female aged 30 – 40)).
We or these third parties may collect the following information (and similar information):
- Demographic data collected on Aerojet (e.g., age, zip or postal code, gender) and geographic location derived from your IP address on your visits to, and collected on, the Aerojet and non-affiliated websites and applications;
- Data about your use of or visits to the Aerojet and non-affiliated websites and applications;
- Data on your interaction with the advertisement displayed on third party websites and applications; and
- Interest and usage data (such as the pages you view and links you click on) acquired from other companies.
- We may disclose any or all of the collected information to third parties.
To learn about – and if you would like to, opt-out of targeted advertising from -- various types of ad networks that we may work with, and who are involved in serving online behavioral advertising, please go to www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.com and opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
- Do not track signals. Aerojet systems are not configured to respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services.
Major browsers provide users with various options when it comes to cookies. Users can usually set their browsers to block all third-party cookies (which are those set by third-party companies collecting information on websites operated by other companies), block all cookies (including first-party cookies such as the ones Aerojet uses to collect search activity information about its users), or block specific cookies. To modify your cookie settings, please refer to the following support pages for each browser you use to access the Website:
E. How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Respond to your queries with the best possible answers and search results;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, display media and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our IAC affiliates or other third parties;
- Enable us and our search and advertising partners to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests, when you use the Aerojet, other websites and services, or mobile applications;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business and protect the quality of the Aerojet, which includes maintenance of the Aerojet systems;
- Investigate complaints, abuse or other allegations; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
F. With Whom We Share Your Information
We share your information with others as indicated below:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service, technical and operational support, email services, and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, billing and payment processing (if we ever accept payments from our users), supporting our Aerojet functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Aerojet, as well as when we have notified you, or you have requested, that we do so. These service providers may have access to information, which is needed to perform their functions.
- Advertisers and Ad Networks: As described above under "Information Collected By Third Parties and Behavioral Advertising", third party advertisers and ad networks, data management platforms, and other third parties may collect information themselves from the Aerojet and/or we may provide them with the information described above for purposes of delivering relevant ads.
- Business partners: When you engage in promotions offered through the Aerojet, we may share information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Share with a friend/product specific features. We share information with your friends where you use the "share with the friend functionality" on some of our Aerojet (for example you can use MyFunCards to send a customized e-card to your friends).
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information (i) in good faith compliance with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our Aerojet terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the Aerojet (or a majority of the assets of either), a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share aggregated information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
G. Where Will We Store Your Information?
Information we collect, or permit third parties such as advertising companies and advertising networks to collect using cookies, beacons, pixels and similar technology, may be transferred to, stored and processed outside your country of residence in any country or territory where one or more of our affiliated group companies, third party service providers or advertising companies or advertising networks are located or maintain facilities, including but not limited to the United States and Ireland.
H. Third-Party Websites
I. Your Choices About Collection And Use Of Your Information
You may tell us not to share your information with third parties or the IAC companies for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the following link and entering the email address associated with your account: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you do not allow us to collect information from you it may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Aerojet; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Aerojet.
J. How To Edit, Delete Or Access Your Information
You may have the right to ask for a copy of certain information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your information, please write to us at the address listed below.
Please note that in some countries we may be permitted to charge a fee specified by law for providing you with copies of information we may hold about you.
K. How We Protect Your Information
The security and confidentiality of you information is very important to us, thus we take certain security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Aerojet, and agree not to transfer your user name or password, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Aerojet, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all activity that occurs in connection with your user name or password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your user name or password or any other breach of security related to your account or the Aerojet, and to ensure that you "log off"/exit from your account (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
L. Requests To Remove Search Results Pursuant To European Court Of Justice Ruling
Following a recent ruling by the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ), users of our European web search and reference services who are EU residents may request that certain results do not appear following a web search for the user’s name.
If you would like to request the removal of a search result generated using your name as the search term, please send your request in writing to IAC Search and Media Europe, Ltd at the address below. To assist us in processing your request in timely manner, please make your request in English if you are able to do so. Your request should include any information relevant to your request, including: (i) your name, email and postal address; (ii) the URL (i.e., "web address") for each link that you are requesting to be removed; (iii) a brief explanation of why you believe such results should be removed; (iv) an explanation of whether or not you fulfil a role in public life; and (v) an explanation as to why the contents of the link you wish to have removed relate to you.
To help us prevent fraudulent removal requests, please also include a legible copy of a document that verifies your identity. You need not provide a government-issued document; a utility bill or similar mailing will suffice. You may also obscure parts of the document such as identifying numbers so long as the document continues to clearly identify you. If you are requesting the removal of search results that contain photographs of you, please ensure that the identifying document includes your photograph. If you are making the request on behalf of another person, please indicate your relationship to that person and provide evidence of your authority to make such request. All requests for removal will be reviewed by IAC Search and Media Europe Limited’s legal and compliance team in Ireland and we reserve the right, in compliance with applicable laws and considering the balance between the user’s right to privacy and the public’s interest in access to information, to accept or reject, or make further inquiries regarding, any requests.
M. Children's Privacy
Our Aerojet are intended for general audiences over the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 years old. If you are not over 13 years old, DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE Aerojet SERVICES.
N. No Rights Of Third Parties
P. How To Contact Us